Add Icecast Stream To Your StreamLicensing Monitor Panel
The following are the process of adding Icecast stream to your StreamLicensing monitor panel.
Step 1b – After you add your station into your StreamLicensing monitoring panel you will next add your Stream.
We will license up to a total of eight stations with no more than eight streams per license. Here is your text tutorial for adding your Icecast stream.
- Log into your StreamLicensing Control panel. You can always find your login window by going to www.streamlicensing.com and clicking on the Broadcaster’s Area.
- Once logged in you should see Quick Links on the right. If you don’t see Quick Links look up to the top and click on Client Area. Now under Quick Links choose My Streams.
- A reminder: We support SHOUTcast Version 1 & 2 and Icecast KH only. If your server is Icecast Non-KH we cannot license you. See our F.A.Q. page for more information. If you need help determining your server type and version, or would like a list of preferred providers whose servers are supported by StreamLicensing, please contact us by phone or email. See our Contact Page for current contact information.
- Click on the + to the right of Add New Stream.
- Scroll down to see a completed example. Consult detailed instructions below as needed. Once Stream is added you must validate it.
- Stream Name is any name you choose to identify the stream.
- URL: This is the URL and port assigned by your Stream Provider. When entering your player URL do NOT insert http:// and do NOT insert Port Number here. Your player URL can be either number (like 184.108.40.206) or a name assigned by your Stream Provider (like sc2.mystream.com). If you have player URL like this: http://220.127.116.11:8000/stream you will leave off http:// Put 18.104.22.168 in the URL space (and leave off :8000/stream, you will put 8000 in the port entry and put stream in the mountpoint entry).
- Choose the correct drop-down answers for Station, Server Type, Stream Type, and Bitrate.
- Username is usually admin. Use admin unless the stream does not validate when you are done. If admin is not correct use the Username assigned by your stream host.
- Password is the password used in your encoder to send the stream to your Stream Server. This is also assigned by your Stream Provider.
- Insert the correct port number.
- Insert the mountpoint (if your mountpoint is /stream, leave off the / and only enter stream).
- If you don’t want this stream listed in our directory uncheck In Directory.
- Click on Create Stream.
- Validate your stream. Your stream(s) must validate to start and maintain StreamLicensing coverage.
- For Icecast you need to enter three mountpoints: stream, live, and autodj. Do this by adding a total of three streams, each stream with one of the three mountpoints. The three-stream mountpoints entries count as one stream toward your total allowance of eight streams per license.
- Once your stream or streams are entered and validated you have completed Step 1 of the Initial Steps and your StreamLicensing coverage is valid.
- Step 2 is the Website Compliance and Player Page setup.
- Step 3 is to add the StreamLicensing Validating Seal.